Qi Gong Classes
Free Intro Class and Demo
I plan to have another Free Intro Class/Demo in the next couple of months. These Intro/Demos are a great way to learn some potent Qi Gong, as well as see some Qi demonstrations. If you think you might like to attend add your name to my mailing list. You'll get an email with all the details (date, time, location etc) a few days before the class.
Intro to Golden Shield
This is a great class for beginners, as well as experienced Qi Gong practitioners. It is usually 45 - 60 minutes long. Drop-in style. Theory as well as meditations and forms. Q & A after class. Sometimes even a little demo of what can be done with Qi.
In class you will learn meditations and forms for immunity strengthening. Qi Gong is very effective at increasing the circulation of Qi, Blood and Fluids. Good circulation is the foundation for a strong immune function. Good circulation is also extremely important for the removal of stagnations and blockages. When stagnations and blockages have been cleared, the primary cause of most major diseases and illnesses has been removed.
Temple Style Golden Shield Qi Gong
Our Temple Style practice takes you to the higher levels of training. Temple Style training is for those who choose to take their health and Qi to a level that leaves the status quo behind, and reaches far beyond Normal Human Limits.
The term 'Golden Shield' is more than idea or a catch phrase. It is an actual shield that you build around your entire body.
Throughout China you find people practicing Tai Chi and Qi Gong in the parks. You also find both Tai Chi and Qi Gong being practiced in the Temples. The practices taught in the temples contains information that is too complex to be taught in the parks. It requires a different level of commitment.
Jingui Golden Shield is a Temple Style Qi Gong. The level of commitment required to do Golden Shield is not as stringent as that required in the Temples of China. However, this is not a practice that you will find being taught to the public in the parks. The depth and value of the information taught in Temple Style Golden Shield is at a very high level. The effects of the training can be enormously profound for individuals who are serious, and have the ability to make an ongoing commitment.
Intro to Golden Shield Qi Gong Classes
|Strong Bones and Joints Intro to Golden Shield||September 2, 9, 16||10:30am - 11:30am||$15||Flow Yoga Westgate||4477 Lamar Blvd, Ste 420|
|Reduce Stress/Anxiety Online Meditation Class||To be determined||10:30am - 11am||Donations||Online||Zoom - email me and request a Zoom link|
|Free Intro/Demo||September/October||To be determined||Free||Flow Yoga Westgate||4477 Lamar Blvd, Ste 420|
Intro to Golden Shield Classes
- This is an in-person class. Check the chart above for class details.
- Cost - costs vary according to the class. Check the chart above for class details about costs.
- All Intro Classes are offered on a 'drop-in' basis. No long term commitment required.
- To learn more about this Intro to Golden Shield Class click here.
- From time to time I offer Special Classes where the focus and techniques taught in the class is directed toward a specific outcome. For example I may offer a class that focuses on relieving anxiety, or calming the mind (reduce worry) or strengthening the vision.
- These classes are suitable for everyone. No experience required.
- If you would like to receive information about these classes add your contact info to my mailing list below.
Temple Style Qi Gong Classes
|Golden Shield - Abdomen||Sundays||9:30am||Flow Yoga - 4477 S. Lamar Ste 420||Call for availability|
|Golden Brushes - Hands||Sundays||9:30am||Flow Yoga - 4477 S. Lamar Ste 420||This class is not open to new students. Contact the instructor for more information.|
|Golden Bell - Torso||Sundays||9:30am||Flow Yoga - 4477 S. Lamar Ste 420||This class is not open to new students. Contact the instructor for more information.|
|Advanced Legs||Sundays||2:00pm||Online||This class is not open to new students. Contact the instructor for more information.|
Temple Style Golden Shield Qi Gong Classes
- Class is approximately 90 minutes long. Includes meditation, lecture (Q&A) and practice.
- Students are encouraged to attend class as often as possible.
- This is an in-person class located at Flow Yoga Westgate. 4477 S. Lamar Blvd, Ste 420
- Cost - $125 per month, plus $5 - $10 month for herbs and training supplies.
- Cost includes ongoing consultation with instructor and the option to attend any of the Temple Style Golden Shield Qi Gong classes throughout the country.
- Training is done with a month-to-month commitment. Your minimum commitment to start is for one month of training (tuition cost is $125, plus herbs and manual $13. Total $138) You may suspend or stop your training whenever you wish. To do this all you need to do is send me an email prior to the 1st day of the coming month. You will not be billed again as long as I get your email before the beginning of the next month.
- Getting Started - New students are added to the class on the last Sunday of the month. From time to time I make exceptions to this depending on the circumstances.
- I ask everyone who is interested in joining our Temple Style Class to first observe a class, prior to requesting to join (Free - no charge to observe). Email me to make arrangements for observing.
If you have attended an Intro class and are now interested in joining our Temple Style class please go to my contact page and send me a message. I will contact you back.
Add your email to my mailing list.
Your email will never be sold or given to anyone.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Hi my name is Tim Chrisco. In 1996 I became a student of Golden Shield Qi Gong and began my personal practice. In 1998 I received my Golden Shield Instructor certification and began teaching this system to others.
I have been very fortunate to have Dr. Dongxun Zhang as my primary instructor since I began practicing in 1996. Dr Zhang is the Master lives here in Austin, and is the lineage holder of this system.
I can easily say that this practice has been, and still is, the most amazing thing that I have ever done in my entire life. It is so rich and so complete. Words can't explain it. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to learn and share this incredible practice.