Qi Gong Classes
Coming Soon!!! --- Intro to Golden Shield
These classes will be offered very soon. If you would like to be notified when they start add your email to mailing list (below).
This is a great class for beginners. It is usually 45 - 60 minutes long. Drop-in style. Theory as well as meditations and forms. Q & A after class. sometimes even a little demo of what can be done with Qi.
The classes are also is good for more experienced Qi students. Many of the techniques in this class came from the higher levels of our Formal practice. The primary purpose of these classes is teach some valuable Qi Gong Forms that will also give you a taste of our Temple Style practice.
In this class you will learn meditations and forms for anti-aging. Plus forms for strengthening your bones and joints, strong immune function, self healing, energy management and balancing emotions. There are also techniques to increase general circulation of Qi, blood and fluids.
All forms help to improve circulation. Good circulation is extremely important for the removal of stagnations and blockages. Stagnations and blockages are the primary problems which lead to most major diseases and illnesses.
The techniques taught in our Intro Classes are suitable for everyone. No experience of any kind is needed. Both advanced students, as well as beginners will encounter many valuable jewels in these classes.
These classes serve as a window into what is possible. The techniques taught here are extremely effective. They are not common Qi Gong forms. The information taught in our Intro Classes has been selected from our entire system, including our advanced and healing levels. When done on a regular basis, these forms produce clear and substantial results.
Click here to learn more about our Intro to Golden Shield Classes.
Temple Style Golden Shield Qi Gong
Our Temple Style practice takes you to the higher levels of training. Temple Style training is for those who choose to take their health and Qi to a level that leaves the status quo behind, and reaches far beyond Normal Human Limits.
The term 'Golden Shield' is more than idea or a catch phrase. It is an actual shield that you build around your entire body.
Throughout China you find people practicing Tai Chi and Qi Gong in the parks. You also find both Tai Chi and Qi Gong being practiced in the Temples. The practices taught in the temples contains information that is too complex to be taught in the parks. It requires a different level of commitment.
Jingui Golden Shield is a Temple Style Qi Gong. The level of commitment required to do Golden Shield is not as stringent as that required in the Temples of China. However, this is not a practice that you will find being taught to the public in the parks. The depth and value of the information taught in Temple Style Golden Shield is at a very high level. The effects of the training can be enormously profound for individuals who are serious, and have the ability to make an ongoing commitment.
If you want an idea of what is possible? Go to our Testimonials page. More detailed information can also be found on the Training page of this site.
Intro to Golden Shield Qi Gong Classes
|Intro Class||Online - Registration required||Mondays||11:00am - 12:00pm CST||$ to be decided||Zoom||Online - Zoom link will be sent at 10:00am CST|
|Intro Class||In-Person - Drop in||To be decided||To be decided||$ to be decided||Casa De Luz||1701 Toomey Dr, Austin, TX|
|Intro Class||In-Person - Drop in||To be decided||To be decided||$ to be decided||Dick Nichols Park|
Intro to Golden Shield Classes
- Class is offered both Online and In-Person. Check the chart above for class details - Days/Times/Locations/Online or In-Person
- Cost - costs vary according to the class. Check the chart above for class details about costs.
- All Online (Zoom) classes:
- These classes are recorded and available to be viewed for 48 hours. After 48 hours they are removed.
- ((Link not active yet))Click here to sign up for my next Online class. Signup deadline is 60 minutes prior to class. A Zoom link to enter the class will be emailed to you 60 minutes before the start of the class (10am CST).
- All Intro Classes (in-person and online) are offered on a 'drop-in' basis. No long term commitment required.
- To learn more about this Class click here.
- From time to time I offer Special Classes where the focus and techniques taught in the class is directed toward a specific outcome. For example I may offer a class that focuses on relieving anxiety, or calming the mind (reduce worry) or strengthening the vision.
- These are Intro/drop-in type classes. Suitable for everyone.
- If you would like to receive information about these classes add your contact info to my mailing list below.
Temple Style Qi Gong Classes
|Temple Style Classes||Day||Time||Location||Availability|
|Golden Shield |
|Sundays||9:30am CST||Flow Yoga Westgate||6 openings at this time|
|Golden Bell - Torso||Sundays||9:30am CST||Flow Yoga Westgate||This class is not open to new students. Contact instructor for more info.|
|Golden Brushes - Hands||Sundays||9:30am CST||Flow Yoga Westgate||This class is not open to new students. Contact instructor for more info.|
|Advanced Legs||Sunday||1:00pm CST||Zoom||This class is not open to new students. Contact instructor for more info.|
Temple Style Golden Shield Qi Gong Classes
- Class is approximately 90 minutes long. Includes meditation, lecture (Q&A) and practice.
- Students are encouraged to attend class as often as possible.
- This is an in-person class which is located at Flow Yoga, 4477 S. Lamar Blvd #420, in Westgate Center - MAP
- Cost - $125 per month, plus $5 - $10 month for herbs and training supplies.
- Cost includes ongoing consultation with instructor and the option to attend any of the Temple Style Golden Shield Qi Gong classes throughout the country.
- Training is done with a month-to-month commitment. Your minimum commitment to start is for one month of training (tuition cost is $125, plus herbs and manual $13. Total $138) You may suspend or stop your training whenever you wish. To do this all you need to do is send me an email prior to the 1st day of the coming month. You will not be billed again as long as I get your email before the beginning of the next month.
- Getting Started - New students are added to the class on the last Sunday of the month. From time to time I make exceptions to this depending on the circumstances.
- All new students are asked to attend a minimum of one Intro Class prior to requesting to join our Temple Style Classes.
If you have attended an Intro class and are now interested in joining our Temple Style class please go to my contact page and send me a message. I will contact you back.
Add your email to my mailing list.
Your email will never be sold or given to anyone.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Hi my name is Tim Chrisco. In 1996 I became a student of Golden Shield Qi Gong and began my personal practice. In 1998 I received my Golden Shield Instructor certification and began teaching this system to others.
I have been very fortunate to have Dr. Dongxun Zhang as my primary instructor since I began practicing in 1996. Dr Zhang is the Master lives here in Austin, and is the lineage holder of this system.
I can easily say that this practice has been, and still is, the most amazing thing that I have ever done in my entire life. It is so rich and so complete. Words can't explain it. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to learn and share this incredible practice.
Read what our students have to say...
The home base of Jingui Golden Shield Qi Gong is Austin Texas.
The master of our system is Dr Zhang D. AOM, L.AC.
Dr Zhang lives and works here in Austin.
Privacy Page - Copyright Claims - Release of Liability
© 2023 http://GoldenShieldAustin.com / Full Autumn Moon LLC/AKA Tim Chrisco