Qi Gong Classes
Temple Style Golden Shield Qi Gong
Jingui Golden Shield is a Temple Style Qi Gong.
Throughout China you find people practicing Tai Chi and Qi Gong in the parks. You also find both Tai Chi and Qi Gong being practiced in the Temples. The practices taught in the temples contains information that is too complex to be taught in the parks. It requires a different level of commitment.
Jingui Golden Shield is a Temple Style Qi Gong. The level of commitment required to do Golden Shield is not the same as that required in the Temple training in China. However, the depth and value of the information taught in Temple Style Golden Shield is still at a very high level. The effects of the training can be enormously profound for individuals who are serious, and have the ability to make an ongoing commitment.
Intro to Golden Shield
These classes are intended to serve as an introduction to Temple Style Golden Shield. In them you will learn meditations and forms for self healing, plus techniques to help you increase your sensitivity to the Qi. Being able to feel the Qi is greatly helpful when practicing Qi Gong. Some of the other benefits that arise from this class include increased circulation of Qi, removal of stagnations and blockages, and an overall movement toward better health and healing.
The techniques taught in our Intro Classes is suitable for everyone. No experience of any kind is needed.
These classes serve as a window into what is possible. The techniques taught here are extremely beneficial, and, they are just the tip of the iceberg. For those who want more... our Temple Style practice will take you there.
Temple Style Qi Gong Classes
|Temple Style Classes||Day||Time||Location||Availability|
|Golden Shield |
|Sundays||10:00am CST||Flow Yoga Westgate||4 openings at this time|
|Golden Bell - Torso||Sundays||10:00am CST||Flow Yoga Westgate||This class is not open to new students. Contact instructor for more info.|
|Golden Crown - Head||Sundays||10:00am CST||Flow Yoga Westgate||This class is not open to new students. Contact instructor for more info.|
|Advanced Legs||Sunday||1:00pm CST||Zoom||This class is not open to new students. Contact instructor for more info.|
Temple Style Golden Shield Qi Gong Classes
- Class is approximately 90 minutes long. Includes meditation, lecture (Q&A) and practice.
- Students are encouraged to attend class as often as possible.
- This is an in-person class which is located at Flow Yoga, 4477 S. Lamar Blvd #420, in Westgate Center - MAP
- Cost - $125 per month, plus $5 - $10 month for herbs and training supplies.
- Cost includes ongoing consultation with instructor and the option to attend any of the Temple Style Golden Shield Qi Gong classes throughout the country.
- Training is done with a month-to-month commitment. Your minimum commitment to start is for one month of training (tuition cost is $125, plus herbs and manual $13. Total $138) You may suspend or stop your training whenever you wish. To do this all you need to do is send me an email prior to the 1st day of the coming month. You will not be billed again as long as I get your email before the beginning of the next month.
- Getting Started - New students are added to the class on the last Sunday of the month. From time to time I make exceptions to this depending on the circumstances.
If you are interested in in joining our Temple Style practice please go to my contact page and send me a message. I will contact you back, and we can set up a time to chat briefly.
Intro to Golden Shield Qi Gong Classes
|Basic Intro||Online||Mondays||11:00am CST||Zoom||$8 drop in/$20 a month|
|Basic Intro||In-Person||Sundays||12:00am CST||Flow Yoga Westgate||$15|
|Special - Strong Healthy Hips||In-Person||Saturday||1:00pm CST||Dick Nichols Park||$30|
Intro to Golden Shield Classes
- Class is offered both Online and In-Person. Check the chart above for class details - Days/Times/Locations/Online or In-Person
- Cost - costs vary according to the class. Check the chart above for class details about costs.
- All Online (Zoom) classes are recorded and available to be viewed for 14 days.
- All Intro Classes are offered on a 'drop-in' basis.
- Click here to sign up for my next Online class. A Zoom link to enter the class will be emailed to you 60 minutes before the start of the class (10am CST).
- From time to time I offer Special Classes where the focus and techniques taught in the class is directed toward a specific outcome. For example I may offer a class that focuses on relieving anxiety, or calming the mind (reduce worry) or strengthening the hips.
- These are Intro/drop-in type classes. Suitable for everyone.
- If you would like to receive information about these classes add your contact info to my mailing list below.
Add your email to my mailing list.
(Your email will never be sold or given to anyone. And you can unsubscribe at any time.)
Sign up to receive info about upcoming classes.
Hi my name is Tim Chrisco. In 1996 I became a student of Golden Shield Qi Gong and began my personal practice. In 1998 I received my Golden Shield Instructor certification and began teaching this system to others.
I have been very fortunate to have Dr. Dongxun Zhang as my primary instructor since I began practicing in 1996. Dr Zhang is the Master and lineage holder of this system. I can easily say that this practice has been, and still is, the most amazing thing that I have ever done in my entire life. It is so rich and so complete. Words can't explain it. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to learn and share this incredible practice.