Qi Gong Classes
Free Class and Demo
I will be having a Free Intro Class/Demo in May. Date is not set yet, but it will probably be in the second half of the month. If you think you might like to attend add your name to my mailing list. I will send a short email to everyone once the date is set.
Daily Qi Gong Meditation - Online Free
Many people find meditation difficult/unrewarding because they can't seem to break free from the momentum of stress and tension bleeding over from their daily life. In this class we prepare the body for meditation through movement. The movements combined with the correct type meditations is a very effective combo for breaking these stress patterns apart. As these patterns begin to loosen and fall apart even novice meditators find themselves dropping into deeper and deeper states of stillness.
Click here to learn more.
Pelvic Floor Relief - July Classes -- Sold Out
Breast Health - August Classes
Stress Anxiety Relief - Coming soon!
Healing Level classes are designed for the general public. No Qi Gong experience required. They are part of the Healing Branch of our School - Primordial Medicine Within™.
Intro to Golden Shield
This is a great class for beginners. It is usually 45 - 60 minutes long. Drop-in style. Theory as well as meditations and forms. Q & A after class. sometimes even a little demo of what can be done with Qi.
The classes are also is good for more experienced Qi students. Many of the techniques in this class came from the higher levels of our Formal practice. The primary purpose of these classes is teach some valuable Qi Gong Forms that will also give you a taste of our Temple Style practice.
Temple Style Golden Shield Qi Gong
Our Temple Style practice takes you to the higher levels of training. Temple Style training is for those who choose to take their health and Qi to a level that leaves the status quo behind, and reaches far beyond Normal Human Limits.
The term 'Golden Shield' is more than idea or a catch phrase. It is an actual shield that you build around your entire body.
Throughout China you find people practicing Tai Chi and Qi Gong in the parks. You also find both Tai Chi and Qi Gong being practiced in the Temples. The practices taught in the temples contains information that is too complex to be taught in the parks. It requires a different level of commitment.
Jingui Golden Shield is a Temple Style Qi Gong. The level of commitment required to do Golden Shield is not as stringent as that required in the Temples of China. However, this is not a practice that you will find being taught to the public in the parks. The depth and value of the information taught in Temple Style Golden Shield is at a very high level. The effects of the training can be enormously profound for individuals who are serious, and have the ability to make an ongoing commitment.
Intro to Golden Shield Classes
- Class is offered both Online and In-Person. Check the chart above for class details - Days/Times/Locations/Online or In-Person
- Cost - costs vary according to the class. Check the chart above for class details about costs.
- All Online (Zoom) classes:
- These classes are recorded and available to be viewed for 48 hours. After 48 hours they are removed.
- ((Link not active yet))Click here to sign up for my next Online class. Signup deadline is 60 minutes prior to class. A Zoom link to enter the class will be emailed to you 60 minutes before the start of the class (10am CST).
- All Intro Classes (in-person and online) are offered on a 'drop-in' basis. No long term commitment required.
- To learn more about this Class click here.
Daily Qi Gong
- This class is designed to offer a small amount of Qi Gong each day as a daily reset. The intention is to help us ground more deeply into our center. Activate and strengthen our Qi.
- This is an online class. It meets (via Zoom) live once a week on Mondays, at 10:00am (video links of these classes are available for those who cannot attend). Daily, prerecorded classes are sent Tuesday through Friday (no weekend classes).
- Cost is $20 a month for 20 + classes.
- Watch the video below if you would like to try out a sample class.
- From time to time I offer Special Classes where the focus and techniques taught in the class is directed toward a specific outcome. For example I may offer a class that focuses on relieving anxiety, or calming the mind (reduce worry) or strengthening the vision.
- These are Intro/drop-in type classes. Suitable for everyone.
- If you would like to receive information about these classes add your contact info to my mailing list below.
|Golden Shield - Abdomen||Sundays||9:30am||Flow Yoga - 4477 S. Lamar Ste 420||Call for availability|
|Golden Brushes - Hands||Sundays||9:30am||Flow Yoga - 4477 S. Lamar Ste 420||This class is not open to new students. Contact the instructor for more information.|
|Golden Bell - Torso||Sundays||9:30am||Flow Yoga - 4477 S. Lamar Ste 420||This class is not open to new students. Contact the instructor for more information.|
|Advanced Legs||Sundays||2:00pm||Online||This class is not open to new students. Contact the instructor for more information.|
Temple Style Golden Shield Qi Gong Classes
- Class is approximately 90 minutes long. Includes meditation, lecture (Q&A) and practice.
- Students are encouraged to attend class as often as possible.
- This is an in-person class which is located at Flow Yoga, 4477 S. Lamar Blvd #420, in Westgate Center - MAP
- Cost - $125 per month, plus $5 - $10 month for herbs and training supplies.
- Cost includes ongoing consultation with instructor and the option to attend any of the Temple Style Golden Shield Qi Gong classes throughout the country.
- Training is done with a month-to-month commitment. Your minimum commitment to start is for one month of training (tuition cost is $125, plus herbs and manual $13. Total $138) You may suspend or stop your training whenever you wish. To do this all you need to do is send me an email prior to the 1st day of the coming month. You will not be billed again as long as I get your email before the beginning of the next month.
- Getting Started - New students are added to the class on the last Sunday of the month. From time to time I make exceptions to this depending on the circumstances.
- All new students are asked to attend a minimum of one Intro Class prior to requesting to join our Temple Style Classes.
If you have attended an Intro class and are now interested in joining our Temple Style class please go to my contact page and send me a message. I will contact you back.
Add your email to my mailing list.
Your email will never be sold or given to anyone.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Hi my name is Tim Chrisco. In 1996 I became a student of Golden Shield Qi Gong and began my personal practice. In 1998 I received my Golden Shield Instructor certification and began teaching this system to others.
I have been very fortunate to have Dr. Dongxun Zhang as my primary instructor since I began practicing in 1996. Dr Zhang is the Master lives here in Austin, and is the lineage holder of this system.
I can easily say that this practice has been, and still is, the most amazing thing that I have ever done in my entire life. It is so rich and so complete. Words can't explain it. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to learn and share this incredible practice.